Friday, June 13, 2008

A Post....FINALLY

Ok, so since I feel like I have nothing to really blog about I'll let you all know about my doctor's appointment and shopping trip today...
So Aaron's mom wanted to take me to get some maternity clothes to celebrate the end of my first trimester! (YEA) I was so thankful because buttoning my jeans with a rubber band isn't all that attractive - especially if your shirt creeps up. So we went shopping at the gap and I got the best shorts and 2 tops, I'm totally stoked, even though I feel a little more in the fat stage than the pregnant stage.
Anyways, so after our shopping I had a doctor's appointment. I feel like I live for these appointments because we get to hear the baby's heartbeat. Just like our last appointment the baby's heart rate was 160, which is great, so that is so encouraging to us. So after asking the doctor about the theory's of fast heart rate/slow heart rate and it being a boy or girl, she said girl with the 160...so we'll see!! This is different than what Aaron and I have been thinking since we keep thinking it's a boy, and we only have a boy name picked out, so we might be in for a change! Our next appointment is in 4 weeks and we get another ultrasound, so hopefully we'll be able to tell if it's a boy or girl then!
I've also been wanting to rent one of those heart rate doppler things, so when I'm feeling nervous I can just know our little baby is doing ok. But after talking to the doctor she and Aaron think that if I can't find the heart rate I'd freak out and we'd have to pay more money on emergency appointments, so it's better to just trust God and not worry about the doppler!

9 comments:

Melissa said...

Finally! We love to hear about how the baby is doing. : ) Looking forward to your next post! : )

Krista said...

Glad to hear your dr.'s appointment went well!

Carter's heartbeat was always in the 160 range, so maybe your hunch is right after all! We're continuing to pray for the Gaskill THREE!

Noelle said...

Hooray...a post!! I clicked on your blog and immediately went to the next...and realized as it was switching screens that you had posted!! Guess the guilt trips work after all!! :-)

Addy's heartbeat has been all along in the 160 range too...very helpful huh. :-) It's 1 to 1 on your blog now...boy to girl! Ha! However, girls are awesome anyway if that's what it ends up being!! :-) No matter what though, little Gaskill will be loved, loved, loved by so many...and already is!!!

Melissa said...

I am so happy I can finally read baby stuff about you guys! I totally thought that I was going to have a boy with syd and then randomly on the ultrasound day they said girl! we only had boy names picked out soo think of some girl ones just in case :)

See you tomorrow!

Barb said...

Quit calling that sweet little grandson a girl!! :)

Tim said...

Just for the record, I'm 3 for 3 and I'm calling this one a boy.

Rachel Olimb said...

Well, it's about time! I was tired of seeing Aaron holding that fish :).

I'm guessing a boy, but honestly, who really cares!! You're having a baby, and he/she is going to be adorable! Love you, Baby G.

Lorraine said...

Well, as you can tell, we've all been waiting for something on here!! Boy or Girl, this baby is going to be the best thing that ever happened to you! And what a lucky kid to have you two!
Get on it with some girl names.

Jason and Lisa said...

Glad to hear your doctor's visit went well.

I don't remember Eli and Grant's heart beats but I want to say Eli's was always around 160 and Grant's was lower than that but they were both in the acceptable range. So, I guess you never really know based on heartbeat.

Girl or boy, how fun! :)