This is looking down on all the mats. There were so many competitors from all over the world.

Aaron's cheering section: Matt, Danielle, Jason, Tamra and Amber

Can I just tell you that these 3 guys crack me up? They are so funny and alike. Matt and Aaron have been friends since high school & he was one of his groomsmen at our wedding, and Aaron in his. Jason and Aaron have been friends for years. Jason used to train Aaron...until they had to move to Cali! BOO!

Aaron and his coach, Paul. He is the nicest guy. Although, while talking to him at the tournament he was trying to get me to sign up and do this...uhhh....no.

Since this is the largest tournament, there are a bunch of people there that are well known in the jiu jitsu world. This is one of them. His name is Saulo Ribeiro . I didn't know who he was, but Aaron was saying it's like Amare Stoudemire or Shaq walking around. He was so thrilled to meet him and get a picture taken.

Aaron did great. He won his first match, but lost his second. He said it was a great experience and we can't wait to go back next year!
After the tournament we spent a day in Carlsbad. Our favorite place. We honeymooned there 5 years ago! Driving by the beach...

We ate lunch at our favorite Mexican place, El Norte.

Then we just shopped and walked around (sorry no pictures). We had a great time! We were so thankful to get a mini vacation and spend some time with great friends.
Paisley did great as well...she spent her time between my parents and Aaron's parents. I thought I would be dying to come home, so I got a plane ticket to leave a day earlier...boy was that a mistake! ha!! I was happy to see her, but I don't think I'll leave any vacation early again! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment