Saturday, July 12, 2008

Our Big Day

The day that we have been counting down to for the past month FINALLY came yesterday! We got to see our beautiful baby GIRL!!

Here's her profile with her hand kind of up to her face...
This one is so cute - 2 little feet with 10 toes!!
And here she is from the site with her long skinny legs.
So according to our poll 71% of you were wrong - although I'm sure it's less than that because Aaron admitted to me yesterday that he voted boy from like 3 different computers. She is very healthy and active. She was moving all over the screen which was fun to see. I for sure have felt her little kicks more the past day or 2 which is the best feeling in the world. Her heart rate was like 157, so maybe that old wives tale is right?!?

It is a bit strange having most of my family - with the exception of my sister, thinking this baby was going to be a boy. We called him by name and always referred to him, as HIM! So this is a big change! It's funny how we can feel certain and get used to the idea of a baby being someone, and then find out that's not the case! Well Baby G will have to do for her name for now, because her slacker parents only thought of a boy name. Who knows, hopefully someday she can have a brother with that name.

Well my next appointment is in 4 weeks and we get to have another ultrasound. So I'm hopeful that Claudia - the US tech, will print out the 3D pictures of her so you can see her face!

Now it's on to decorating the nursery and painting it PINK!!! Which, by the way, we ordered our crib a week or so ago. It's beautiful and she's going to be so cute in it. Here's a picture.

6 comments:

Rachel Olimb said...

You need to frame that picture of her little feet! Oh my gosh, I can't wait to see those cute things in person. SO EXCITED FOR YOU TWO!!!

Krista said...

Congrats! I love that our small group is starting to even out gender-wise!

I think 71% of us were wrong because we were trusting your mommy intuition! :)

Also, love, love, love the crib! Can't wait to see Baby G sleeping peacefully in it!

Erin said...

I didn't vote but I had a feeling that Baby G was going to be a girl...but we are sooo excited for you guys. We for sure will have to start a play group!

Jeremy said...

I was right! What do I win?

Tim said...

I confess...I voted 3 times, too. How did Isaac make it into this family of girls? No problem, I love them all.

Noelle said...

We am SO excited for you guys!!! I knew it was going to be a girl! :-) It's going to be SO much fun having 3 little girls in our small group so close in age...how fun!!!

We are just so thankful to hear that little Baby Girl G is growing and healthy!! We'll continue to pray for that!