Tuesday, December 22, 2009

1 Year Well Check

Paisley had her one year appointment yesterday. I have mixed feelings about going...I love to know how she's growing, but I HATE the shots!!! The poor thing got 3 shots! 1 in each leg, and then 1 in her arm!!!! She was crying so hard - not taking a breath - the nurse told me to blow in her face! It was awful to say the least.

We both survived.

We also found out that she has a double ear infection...this is why she has been so whiny lately with a runny nose! I felt bad because I had no idea it was her ears - she had no signs of an ear infection.

Here are her current "stats"
weight: 18 lbs (12%) - the doc kept telling me to give her more snacks because she wants to see her weight go up by her 15month check. This also is a problem that she's not 20lbs (which I thought she was) because we have flipped her to face forward in the car. So I don't know if I can handle making her face backwards again and then forward to adjust all over...ugh!
height: 30.5" (90%)

When Reagan was over the other day I put her backpack on Paisley - she loved wearing it. She looks like she's ready for school! (and who doesn't carry a laundry basket to school with them?)

Reagan pulling Paisley around. So cute...until she pulled her too fast and P tipped backwards on the tile hitting her head. So she was crying and Ray kept trying to pull her. Poor girl.
Another funny thing about Reagan pulling her - she kept loading her up with toys in the basket...everything she passed by she would just throw in on Paisley.

4 comments:

Jason and Lisa said...

Poor girl, hope her ears feel better quick. Honestly, unless she is under the height requirement (at least I think there is a height requirement?!?) too then I'd probably leave her forward facing. She'll probably hit 20 soon. But on the flip side, rear facing is suppose to be much safer. You'll figure it out!

Erin said...

Too bad about the ears. It makes sense now but how would you know? She is getting bigger and is so adorable.
It's fun to see how little kids play together. It's great the cousins can play together so much.

Noelle said...

That pic of her with her backpack and laundry basket are so cute! She looks like such a big girl in that pic!!

That's so funny about Reagan pulling her around and then putting things in the basket on top of her. Addysen loves sitting in the laundry basket too. :-)

Krista said...

Paisley is getting to be such a big girl! I agree--those well-checks are kinda a mixed experience. . .they come in happy & leave sad! So, Paisley is tall & thin. . . nothin' wrong with that :)