Friday, June 18, 2010

Some Thoughts

I'm not fully sure who reads this blog, but I know if you do I obviously want you to or I wouldn't have invited you...We trust you and want you to know what's happening in our lives. Lately I have been thinking about this blog and how I would like to use it for more than just showing you pictures of our sweet girl. I want you to laugh, to pray, and to even maybe be encouraged or challenged.

Paisley spent the night last night at my parents house and Aaron left this morning at 6:30 for work. I, of course, tried going back to sleep but couldn't. I'm glad I didn't. Instead I have been up praying/thinking about some friends of ours and reading some life altering blogs. They all go together.

...pray...
Can you join us in praying for our friends Todd and Heather and their daughter, Emma? Heather is pregnant with Emma, about 5 months along. They found out a few weeks ago that their daughter has Trisomy 18. Last night we got an email saying she was in preterm labor and they were going to the hospital to try to stop the contractions. She is currently still there on a magnesium drip and may have to be until she delivers. My heart is beyond heavy for them, as I'm sure yours is now too. Heather and Todd love the Lord. My mom had the chance to spend an afternoon with them and her hope is that when Emma comes that they would have time to spend with her - even if it's just one hour. So my prayer is that the labor would stop, that she can go home, that she could carry this sweet girl to term, they would have precious time with her, and that in all of it God would give them the strength and peace that only comes from Him.

Through all this, I'm realizing how selfish I am. There are people who I know - or don't - who are losing their children or going through the deepest of valleys, that I can't even comprehend. Yet, I get so absorbed in trivial things. My time here won't last forever and my prayer is that God will allow me to love his hurting people and deepen my love and dependence on Him.

5 comments:

Noelle said...

Crying...and praying...thanks for sharing this and allowing us to praying with them.

Rachel Olimb said...

Beautiful post. Definitely praying for your friends. Love you.

Kobie said...

Heartbreaking. I will keep them in my prayers.

Krista said...

Thank you for sharing, Ash. Certainly will keep this family in my prayers.

Jason and Lisa said...

Will be praying for your friends and sweet baby Emma.