Friday, June 19, 2009

This week's run through

Well, it's hard to find the time to blog. I keep telling myself, I need to get the stuff done that "needs" to be done before I should get on the computer and waste those precious minutes of a napping baby!

Anyway, with turning 6 months also comes the 6 month doctor appointment...and shots. boo! Needless to say, Paisley did so good with them! We got her dressed before the nurse did the shots which TOTALLY helped! So when she got them done, I could just hold her and didn't have to mess with her trying to dress a screaming baby. She really only cried for like 20 seconds after they were done, I tell ya, that girl is WAY tougher than her mom. She must get that from her daddy.

She currently weighs 15lb 14.5oz (50%)
She is 26" long (60%)


We also tried doing the bath seat in the tub. It worked great for the first maybe 5 minutes. Notice the happy face and all the toys.

She then realized she was stuck and couldn't stand up. "Mom, really? this stinks." Our daughter has a thing for wanting to just stand in the bath. I don't know if your kids do this, but seriously she'll just stand there (with us holding her up of course) doesn't look that enjoyable or relaxing to me. We'll try to sit her down but she stiffens up like a board and we can't bend her. It's funny but annoying.
I am trying to be smart with what she plays with (you know, not toys but things she actually wants). So here's my little chef.
She enjoyed the whisk the most.

This week I FINALLY made some baby food! I was so excited to do this but just kept putting it off. I made peas and carrots.
Freeze them in ice cube trays and then pop them out into a ziplock and they stay good frozen for like a month!
You all probably already know this, but I found that using the blender worked WAY better than the little food processor thing I have. Maybe I just need a different one, but the blender got it way smoother. Paisley has had the peas and really liked them! Next we'll be trying carrots. I'm excited to save some money by making our own baby food.

4 comments:

BeholdingBeautiful said...

Love that you're doing the baby food cubes! I did that with Charlee and really enjoyed it...especially knowing how much I was saving on baby food. It's great!

Tim said...

Nearly 16lbs? I could get $8 for her in the produce section at Fry's.

Erin said...

Such a cute little face. Abigail likes to stand in the tub too. We don't let her stand, but I like having a bath mat in it to help the slipping!

Rachel Olimb said...

Looks like she'll be making her own baby food soon :).