March 20, 2012
We were so anxious to meet our sweet girl. We went back and forth on thoughts of being induced. Our doctor was so willing to offer that at 39 weeks. So we scheduled it for Friday, March 16th in hopes we could have a St. Patty's day baby the following day. Then Aaron got sick. There was no way I was going to have a baby with a sick husband if we could help it. I had an appointment after that weekend the next Monday the 19th. I told my doctor I was done being so huge and asked if we could go in the next day (the 20th, her due date). So Paisley spent the night at George and Jamie's house that night and we ate our last dinner out at Texas Roadhouse.
7:00am we were at the hospital and ready for a long day of lots of waiting. I can't remember the exact times but a little bit after we got there I was started on the gel to get the labor going. About 5 minutes after getting the gel I started feeling major cramping. I didn't know if it was a contraction or just a normal side effect from the gel - the pain wouldn't stop. I called my nurse in who informed me I was having a contraction that wouldn't let up. That's when the chaos began.
They had to give me a shot to stop the contration, which made me super shakey. In the mean time they are having me move all over so they could find Haddey's heartbeat. Her heart rate went into the 80s for 12 minutes...not good. Then they started asking me if I was going to have an epidural...ummm, yes of course! So they gave it to me right then. However, a minute after he put it in, my ears started ringing and my vision was starting to get black, like tunnel vision. I thought I was going to die. He had placed it in the wrong spot. Yikes!
In the mean time my doctor was in the room talking to us about having a c-section. I did not want to have one. The thought of the recovery with a 3 year old at home freaked me out. However, we didn't dare to put our daughter's life in jeopardy.
Within about 5-10 minutes of saying "ok" to the c-secion we were back in the operating room. I remember laying on the table and telling Aaron how I could feel something on my foot. When I asked the anesthesiologist he replied, "well, can you feel the surgery going on?" Umm...no. :) About a minute later Dr asked if we were ready to meet our girl. YES!!!
Haddey Ruth
10:44a
6lb. 14oz
20 inches
Daddy getting to cut the cord.
Seeing my little girl for the first time. She was so cute and little.
After the c-section our doctor told us that I had a placenta abruption, which is what cause her heart rate to drop so low. It was so good that we did the c-section when we did or the outcome could have been a lot different. Thank You God!
Needless to say this wasn't my birth plan, but God comforted us and guided us through the whole thing. We were so thankful for a healthy baby girl.



No comments:
Post a Comment