As the time is nearing for Haddey to have surgery, I decided I needed to try and get a second opinion. It's not that I don't trust her ENT, I just don't want her to have surgery. :)
The appointment was set for this morning but yesterday the doctor we were going to see called me. (Which made me really like him right away, what doctor looks ahead at their schedule and personally calls the patient?!) Basically he wanted to know a little bit more about the mass in Haddey's throat. I gave him the quick run through - it's located over her esophagus, we got a wrong diagnosis, then we had an MRI, and now our current treatment plan of doing surgery. He didn't think he would be the right doctor for her and said he was going to refer us to Dr. Mancusso - her current doctor. He said with a mass in that location and causing her to have a strider, it seemed to him that is a correct plan. He assured me that he has known Dr. Mancusso for a long time and how he is a great doctor and doesn't just rush into doing surgery.
Hmmm... Ok, Lord, this is the path we are taking. My attempts of not having to do surgery are done.
Now we wait, 24 days.
1 comment:
We wait 24 days...and we pray. =)
Post a Comment