Monday, November 3, 2008

What's goin' on...

Ok, I felt like I should write a blog about the happenings in the Gaskill household. That makes it sound exciting, but it's not really. :)

Last week we went to the doctor for our last ultrasound. We went in with high hopes of getting to see a great 3d picture of Paisley's face. However, she's too squished and too low that we couldn't get one. Oh well, I guess we now just have to wait to see her in real life!! She weighed 5lbs 1oz last week. (Oh, and for some reason, the u/s tech gave us a 3d pic of her crotch - so we are POSITIVE she's a girl - I'm not sure what to do with the picture...haha)

I pulled a muscle or did something to my back this weekend - just a physical reminder of the huge bump in front of me and it's effects. So Aaron and I made the decision that I would stop doing hair until January. I'm totally bummed (since I wasn't planning on doing this until the end of the month), but I'm thinking that with Paisley getting larger, my back might just keep getting worse.

AND....only 10 more days of work for me! So happy!!! I'm so thankful to have Aaron and that he's such a great provider for us. He works really hard and long days. I know he's excited for me to be able to be a stay at home mom, and I'm so thankful to have that opportunity!

5 comments:

Rachel Olimb said...

Every single one of these things are license for a big bowl of popcorn with lots of real butter.

So glad Paisley is really a girl because I don't know what you would do with all that pink stuff :). Can't wait to see her in person!

Erin said...

Take care of your back and put your feet up! 10 more days...you will just love being at home. I am glad that you will be able to.

Lorraine said...

Paisley will be such a lucky girl to have a dad who loves her mom as much as Aaron does. So glad you had an opportunity again to see Paisley's beautiful little life in you. What a miracle!

Krista said...

How fun to see another u/s of Miss Paisley & yippee for only 10 more days of work!

I'm with Rachel, you need a big bowl of popcorn. . . or better yet a pint of ice cream. . . and some serious lounging on the couch!

Barb said...

I'm with Lorraine on that one. We are very blessed to have Aaron for a son in law, and dad to our sweet little granddaughter.