There are a few websites that will create a book for you from your blog, but I didn't like how they did it. I'm super picky when it comes to design. So I decided I'd do it myself. Who knows, if this all works out, maybe I'll go into business! :)
Here's how my pages are going to look - I don' think I'm going to do all different designs. Maybe each year I'll have a different one. Not sure yet.

I debated on adding the comments to the pages or not...still can't decide.
9 comments:
OK--I'm kinda picky about design stuff, too. Unlike you, though, I have no skill in this area. I spent several frustrating hours on blurb.com & couldn't stand the way it looked. Sooo if you go into business, I would totally be your first customer. Seriously. Let's chat.
P.S.--I had the same dilemna about comments. I think I like the idea of including comments on certain posts, but not all of them.
I don't think I'd keep all the comments, but you'll probably want a special section for all of mine.
or not....
Looks like you are on your way to another career. The Gaskills... ever the entrepreneurs. So amazing.
Hi, Ashley! It's Tamara D. Don't ask how I came across your blog, because I wouldn't be able to duplicate it a second time... I have loved reading about Paisley, she's a cutie! I'm so happy for you and Aaron!
Hey, wondering how you got your "print out" to look different from your normal page. (no blog title, date in upper right, etc...)
I'm not there yet, (still blogging and scrapbooking, when there is time) but the idea just to print my blog and skip the scrapbooking is very tempting!
Tamara - I actually made the background for the blog myself, so I just used it to make the layout for my print and did it in photoshop/illustrator.
That's so funny Ash! One of my friends and I were just talking about the need to go into business doing that exact thing you are doing! Great minds think alike. Only difference is you have the skill & know-how, we just had an idea. :)
So are you doing each page one at a time on Photoshop? Or is there a faster way to accomplish the task?
Ha! Figures with you it would be something hi-tech! Your skills are amazing! :o)
Lisa - I made the background in photoshop but am doing everything else in Illustrator. Yeah, I'm doing it one page at a time.
Post a Comment