Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Day 3...

Today was really fun! We woke up around 7a to a loud roar, and Aaron's parents talking outside on the deck. When we went out there, the waves were HUGE. It's really hard to capture how big they were on camera, but we tried. Here's a picture.


I've never seen waves like these before, California doesn't even come close. I'm really amazed at how blue, brown, and green it is here. The sand actually looks like sand, not like dust (like in Cali) And the water looks so clean and blue. And obviously the plant life is lush!

After getting ready we headed off to the Sea Life Park.

The man at the gate was very friendly, which seems to be rare here in Hawaii. He told us to say "aloha" and make a shaka sign. (you can google it). Jamie didn't quite understand how to do that, she preferred, to show the "rock on" sign. It was a joke for the rest of the day...

The Sea Life park was fun, but nothing really compared to Sea World. It was nice that there were not a lot of people there. Aaron, Adam, and Jamie decided to swim with the sea lions. They had a really good time. Here's a few pics from their adventure with the 2 blind sea lions - no joke.

After the sea lions it was mine and George's turn to "swim" with the dolphins. It really was fun, and worth the $100. They feel so weird, like rubber but not really. You really have to do it if you have the chance! Here are some pics...

We actually were petting the dolphin in this picture, you just can't tell. haha
This one proves that I really did touch one.
...or that we are suckers and bought the pictures that they take of us.


After the Sea park, we stopped at this place to eat...when I think about it, i can't believe we actually ate the food from there.
These are dead bees smashed in between the glass and the menu. It was like you just walk up to the window and order.
It really was tasty food. And we'd probably go there again if it weren't so far from where we are staying! You just have to block out where you buy the food from, just like eating shrimp out of a truck.


7 comments:

Jenn said...

Awwww!!!! How fun!! Your dolphin pic is so cute! I'm glad you guys are having such a great time. That picture of the waves makes me a little more of a beach person. :)

Barb said...

I think Aaron's enjoying the sea lion smooch a little too much.

Sorry Ash, holding a dolphin up to your mouth doesn't count as fish dinner. No $5 for you.

Jeremy said...

Aaron. That picture of Seally Wonder giving you a kiss is the goofiest thing I have ever seen. Hilarious.

Rachel Olimb said...

So much going on here...
1. Those waves are incredible - could there be a better sound to wake up to!
2. That picture of Aaron and the seal is hilarious! It's like he was whispering in his ear..."hey, could you scratch my belly?"
3. Dolphins are WAY better than seals! Good choice, Ash!
4. Keneke is not too concerned with cleanliness.

So many fun memories!

Lorraine said...

Sounds like an expensive day! Those pictures are great. I love reading these stories.

Krista said...

Wow! I must say I'm jealous of waking up to the beautiful ocean and the sound of waves! You guys have gotten some amazing pictures! Your pics with the dolphins and sea lions are awesome!

Anonymous said...

What a fun place. Great pics. Looks so relaxing. Rock on......