Our last full day in Hawaii. We started our day out doing our favorite thing, watching the whales. Today, we watched these 3 whales play around for at least 30 minutes. It was so incredible! We think there was like a mom and baby whale and then another one. (Maybe one happy family.) Aaron got some really great video with our video camera, but to put it on the blog I had to take it from my camera, and it's not that great. Tomorrow we are going to out on the rocks in the back of the deck, to see if we can get some good pictures from a little closer.

After watching the whales for a while we saw a school of probably 15 dolphins! I wish we could have got a picture, but the battery died on the camera from all the pictures I took of the whales. We have some video though. I'm really amazed at all the sea life we can see from the house! I think it's the best entertainment...and it's FREE!
We did a little more shopping at a surf shop that was supposed to be really good. Here's a picture from outside the shop.

The rest of the afternoon I spent laying out. It was so great, one of my favorite things to do. Aaron sat with me for a while playing on the computer, then he got a little too hot and went inside. I really think it's the most relaxing thing in the world.
So tomorrow we leave. I think a week vacation is the perfect amount of time. It's long enough for it to feel like a vacation, but not too long where I just want to be back home.
We leave at 3p and aren't supposed to land until 12a (phoenix time). Of course we aren't looking forward to the long flight, but we'll get to watch Lost.
3 comments:
Camera battery went dead because of all the whale pictures....hum....sounds like the billion turtle pictures you made fun of Tim for :) Love you guys, have a safe trip home!
I can't WAIT to see that video of the dolphins! So cool!
Such a great idea to watch LOST on the way home, that will surely make the trip go fast. See you soon!
Bring it on home, folks. Bring it on home.
Post a Comment