Thursday, March 13, 2008

Day 4...

So today was a really great day. We went out to Pearl Harbor.

It was a great thing to go there. It's a little strange the amount of Japanese people there. I think there were mostly Japanese people - I felt right at home! haha! We paid of the head phones, and i don't know if it was worth the $5 since we didn't really use them. I don't think Aaron or I have the patience to walk around to all 20 stands and listen. Tim, i know you're probably totally disappointed, but at least we went!
Here are some pictures of what we saw...
Here's a video of the USS Arizona...



So after Pearl Harbor we went to this pizza place, it was ok. Not that great. Now I understand why the guy who owns this house told me not to eat Italian food because we'd just be disappointed. Aaron's parents went to eat at another shrimp truck, and Aaron, Adam, and I for sure wanted to pass on that.

We stopped at a tattoo place because Aaron wants to get a tattoo souvenir while we are here. We didn't see anything that we loved so we left. I don't know if we'll find anything and he'll get one before we leave or not.

There's also this shaved ice place that everyone talks about. I really should have taken a picture, but our camera's battery ran out after Pearl Harbor. It's this little shop that ALWAYS as a line out of it. So we ate our shaved ice, it was really good.

We came back home and spent the rest of the afternoon on the deck soaking up the sun and playing Skip-Bo with Aaron's parents. We had a really fun day.
I can't believe it's already Thursday!! We basically only have 3 days left. It's really flying by!

5 comments:

Jenn said...

It looks like you guys are having a blast!! Can't wait to see you when you get back!

I hope Aaron finds his tattoo souvenier!

Jeremy said...

As a Hawaii vet, I'll drop a little knowledge on ya...it's SHAVE ICE. No -ed. Some Hawaiian will let you know if you say it wrong. And it is good stuff!

Rachel Olimb said...

I love Skip-Bo! Sounds like you had another delightful day. Can't wait to see what you do today. I hope Aaron finds a tattoo place too, that would be a cool memory.

Noelle said...

I love your daily updates...so much fun!! Glad you're having such a great time!!

Krista said...

I love the updates on what food you're eating!!!! Food is a very important aspect of all good vacations!