Saturday, March 15, 2008

Whales!!!

Ok, so we keep seeing glimpses of whales from the deck, but never have had the camera or the patience to sit there and wait for the perfect photo op... however, this morning I was determined to get a picture of a whale on this blog! So here we go!!!

This whale was SO close to us! Probably the closest we have seen.
There were probably 10 whales out or maybe more, we kept seeing tons of the spray..

Just missed this one probably jumping out of the water.George and I were sitting out on the deck just waiting for these whales, and as soon as we'd say we were going to go inside and turn around, we'd glance back just to catch the end of a huge splash!


So now we are all heading off to a park with a waterfall. I think you can hike it and swim in the fall. I'm not totally sure. We'll hopefully have some good pics to post tonight!

2 comments:

Jeremy said...

You show much patience, Grasshopper.

Rachel Olimb said...

Oh my gosh, that's INCREDIBLE!! I can't believe you saw a whale jumping out of the water! Seriously, that is so cool! You can come home now, your trip is complete :).