Sunday, March 1, 2009

Friday Night

Aaron's dad gave us tickets to the Chris Tomlin concert months ago! Before Paisley was here...so it seemed so far off. Well Friday was the concert. I just want to apologize to anyone with kids that I have hassled for being late!!! Things sure are different when you have a little one. We were planning on dropping off Paisley at my parents and leaving by 7:30 - which is also when the concert started. Unfortunately we didn't leave until like 8:00. We were fine with that since we didn't really care to see the opening people.
The concert was great. Chris Tomlin has an amazing voice. I was telling Aaron how I forget that he sings so many great songs. He sang my favorite, "How Great is Our God." I didn't realize he wrote it! Super talented!!
Our seats were great! Here's a picture (maybe the seats don't look as great from the picture, but they really were). We only got like 1 good photo since the battery was basically dead on the camera - total bummer.
Can I just tell you that whatever this whole thing is with guys wearing skinny jeans, I am NOT a fan. Every member in this band had on pants tighter than mine!!! I really think there's something wrong with that!
Man, I sure do feel old. I was so exhausted come 9:30-10!! We ended up leaving I think at like the last song, before the crowd. (another old person sort of thing to do)

Paisley spent the night at her Grandma and Papa's house. She did great!! She slept all night and woke up when my mom woke her at 6:45. My mom just can't get enough of Paisley, she wants to be with her all the time. I had to give her a hard time for waking her up so early, especially if she would have slept longer!!
I sure did miss her that next morning, especially when I could her her talking in the background and sounding so happy! We were dying to go and pick her up!!


(Tim - can you believe a post without a picture of P?!?!?)

1 comment:

Barb said...

Just for the record, she was already awake and wanted to get up at 6:45. Just because no one heard her, doesn't mean she wasn't as anxious to see me as I was to hold her!!! I'm sure Jamie would have had her up at 6:30 :)