Well I have a total love hate relationship with the swaddle. Paisley has been swaddled since she was born. Everyone told me that my baby would sleep so much better being swaddled, and I was so sleep deprived I didn't care what it took, I was willing! Well she's now about that 3.5 month mark and I feel like it's time to give it up. I've been going back and forth for months about the issue and couldn't make the commitment to drop it (for fear that she wouldn't sleep). So then I have debated...do I start with just leaving one arm out? or do I stop cold turkey? Alright, so when I got her up this morning she had poo'd through her jammie on to her swaddling blanket and the other one I have was dirty...sign from God?? haha! Needless to say she's sleeping right now UNSWADDLED and doing really good. I don't know if any of you have suggestions but I'd love to hear how you dropped swaddling.
I'll leave you with this adorable picture of her from yesterday. Old Navy was having a huge $5 sale on all their baby stuff so I got her this bathing suit. Too bad after I took this picture I had to take it back because it just fit her perfectly right now, and by the time we get in the pool, I'm sure it would be too small. BUMMER!
5 comments:
Love the suit. I also loved the swaddle. I am glad that she is sleeping good without it. I would just keep putting her down without it and she will adjust. My advice would be to stay consistent and do it cold turkey. But that is just me!
I've done both cold turkey, the one arm/one leg. I know with Grant it was cold turkey and he actually slept better w/o it! Eli on the other hand...I know was more work but he was 7.5 months when we stopped swaddling him. Grant was 2 months when we stopped. If you realize she isn't sleeping not swaddled you may want to re-evaluate (I know we had to do that with E several times which is why he was so old).
We went cold turkey, but Asher was about 5 months old, so a little older. That swaddle has been a pain in your side since the beginning, so just be done with it so you can stop hating it, ha!
Why does a sweet face like that need a bow?
ya, not the best person to give you advice about giving up swaddling... Claire is turning ONE YEAR OLD on Sunday, and she STILL loves to be swaddled. She can get out of it if she wants to, but truly she really likes it, and she is a fantastic sleeper, so I just keep doing it. Plus, it's such a cold climate up here that it helps to keep her hands and everything warm at night. I think that as it starts warming up here we are going to have to start weaning her... ugh! Not sure how that's going to go over...
Post a Comment